Latest posts by Gina Post-Franco (see all)
- Having Guests this Holiday Season? Welcome Them with Smart Home Security - December 27, 2019
- Smart Home Security Helps Streamline Household Chores and Security to Reduce Stress for the Holidays - December 19, 2019
- The Top Two Security Concerns Over The Holidays, and How to Solve Them - December 6, 2019
Anytime a child has an accident, it’s tragic. The last thing that you want to happen is for your child to be hurt on a holiday, it would forever live in the minds of the child and the family. There are many ways to keep your child safe at Halloween, when they are more prone to accidents and injuries. The excitement of children and adults at this time of year sometimes makes them forget to be careful.
Simple common sense can do a lot to stop any tragedies from happening.
- Help your child pick out or make a costume that will be safe. Make it fire proof, the eye holes should be large enough for good peripheral vision.
- If you set jack-o-lanterns on your porch with candles in them, make sure that they are far enough out of the way so that kids costumes won’t accidentally be set on fire.
- Make sure that if your child is carrying a prop, such as a scythe, butcher knife or a pitchfork, that the tips are smooth and flexible enough to not cause injury if fallen on.
- Treating your kids to a spooky Halloween dinner will make them less likely to eat the candy they collect before you have a chance to check it for them.
- Teaching your kids basic everyday safety such as watching both ways before crossing streets and crossing when the lights tell you to, will help make them safer when they are out Trick or Treating.
About Post Alarm Systems
Family-owned businesses depend on client satisfaction, and we’ve been listening to our clients for over 60 years. When they talk, we listen, and listening has allowed us to become the most trusted name in security systems in Southern California. We endeavor to keep our clients, properties and families safe, and will do everything in our power to make that happen. Call us today for a complimentary consultation.